Govt. Hospital of Thoracic Medicine,
Tambaram Sanatorium, Chennai
PUBLISHED WORKS OF GHTM, TAMBARAM- 1949-2010
1. Vasudeva Rao K. Rehabilitation of tuberculosis ex-patients. Tuberculosis Workers Conference, 7th, Bombay, India, 23-25 Nov 1949, p. 196-204.
2. Rao KN, Thoracoplasty with Modified Hoist’s Technique. The Indian journal of Tuberculosis, 1954, 1, 99-104.
3. Krishnaswamy; K.V., Proceedings 24th National Cong. Tubercle & Chest Dis., Trivandrum, 1969, P. 254
4. Rangaswamy V, Janakavalli. Detection of pulmonary Nocardiosis among suspected cases of pulmonary tuberculosis. Indian J Chest Dis. 1971, 13(3):85-92.
5. Rangaswamy V, Srinivasan V, Janakavalli. Aspergillus infection in tubular cavities. Indian J Chest Dis. 1972, 14(2):55-60.
6. Krishnaswami KV and Seshagiri, K. Intermittent chemotherapy in Pulmonary Tuberculosis with Ethambutol and Isoniazid, Ind. J. of Chest Dis. 1973; 15, 1, 1-8.
7. Krishnaswami KV, Analysis of child patients admitted to TB Sanatorium, Tambaram, over a period of 5 years, Ind. J. Tub, 1973, 20, 147-50.
8. Rangaswamy V, Kumari RV, Seshagiri K. Serological diagnosis of pulmonary aspergillosis. Indian J Pathol Microbiol. 1977 Apr; 20(2): 101-4.
10. Rangaswamy V; Jagannathan K; Natarajan AS. Rifampicin and Ethambutol intermittent therapy in the Retreatment of failure cases. Lung India. 1982 Aug; 1(1): 29-31.
11. Jagannath K, Rajasekaran S, Vasanthakumari R. Short-course chemotherapy of pulmonary tuberculosis under programme conditions. Proceedings of XIV Eastern regional Tuberculosis Conference of IUAT, Kathmandu, Nepal, November 1985, Pp 47.
12. Vasanthakumari R, Jagannath K. Rajasekaran S. Use of transport medium for culturing tubercle bacilli: (a modified technique). Lung India. 1985 May; 3(2): 73-6.
13. Jagannath K, Rajasekaran S, Vasanthakumari R. Short-course chemotherapy of pulmonary tuberculosis and its applicability in field conditions. Indian Journal of Tuberculosis. 1985 Apr; 32(2): 91-5.
14. Rajasekaran S, Jagannath K, Vasanthakumari R, Devasenapathi, Khaiser Ahamed PR, Jayaseeli K. Fate of treatment defaulters: a bacteriological assessment. Indian Journal of Tuberculosis, 1986, 33, 90.
16. Rajasekaran S, Paramasivan R, Jayaseeli, Seshagiri K.. Management of primary treatment failures under TB control programme, Indian Journal of Tuberculosis, 1987, 34, 64.
18. Vasanthakumari R; Jagannath K; Rajasekaran. The effect of storage on tubercle bacilli in a transport medium and a simplified culture technique. Indian Journal of Tuberculosis. 1987 July; 34(3): 143-6.
19. Rajasekaran S; Parmasivan R; Sujathakumari; Palanisami S. The value of Pyrazinamide in second phase of short course chemotherapy of pulmonary tuberculosis: an assessment. Indian Journal of Tuberculosis. 1988 Apr; 35(2): 76-9.
20. Parmasivan R, Rajasekaran S, Selvaraj D. Strategies in effective utilisation of tuberculosis hospital beds, Indian Journal of Tuberculosis, 1989, 36, 72.
21. Rajasekaran S; Paramasivan R; Palanisami S; Sujathakumari PL. Prediction of relapse in tuberculosis. Lung India. 1989 Aug; 7(3): 113-7.
22. Rajasekaran S; Paramasivan R; Sujathakumari; Palanisami S; Parthasarathy RT. Sensitivity of tuberculin test. Lung India. 1991 Nov; 9(4): 130-1.
23. Rajasekaran S; Parmasivan R; Sujathakumari PL; Palanisami S. Six-month non-Isoniazid Retreatment for pulmonary tuberculosis patients with primary treatment failure. Lung India. 1991 Aug; 9(3): 99-103.
24. Rajasekaran S; Paramasivan R; Sujathakumari PL; Palanisami S. Effective short course chemotherapy for pulmonary tuberculosis under field conditions. Lung India. 1991 May; 9(2): 52-6.
25. Rajasekaran S; Paramasivan R; Venkatesan R. Efficacy of medical salvage in chronic pulmonary tuberculosis patients. Lung India. 1991 Feb; 9(1): 11-5.
26. Rajasekaran S; Paramasivan R. Bacteriological pointers to management of treatment defaulting pulmonary tuberculosis patients. Lung India. 1992 Nov; 10(4): 149-52.
27. Paramasivan R; Rajasekaran S; Selvaraj D. Evolution of admission policy in a tuberculosis hospital: suggested model. Lung India. 1992 Aug; 10(3): 110-4.
28. Bhatia RS, Deivanayagam CN. HIV Disease- The great waster upon us. Lung India, 1992, 10, 91-93.
29. Paramasivan R; Parthasarathy RT; Rajasekaran S. Short course chemotherapy: a controlled study of indirect defaulter retrieval method. Indian Journal of Tuberculosis. 1993 Oct; 40(4): 185-90.
30. Nageswari AD, Parmasivam R, Chellammal, Kesolon J. Socio-behavioral study of HIV & Tuberculosis. Indian Journal of Tuberculosis, 1993, 40, 164
31. Deivanayagam CN, Superintendent, Government Hospital of Thoracic Medicine, Tambaram Sanatorium, Madras-600 047 Financing and restructuring health care in India [editorial]. Lung India. 1994 Nov; 12(4): 163-7.
32. Suguna K; Santhanakrishnan M; Deivanayagam CN Government Hospital of Thoracic Medicine, Tambaram, Madras-600 047 Azelastine in atopic bronchial asthma: a comparison with ketotifen. Lung India. 1994 May; 12(2): 77-80.
33. Rajasekaran S. Pulmonary tuberculosis and blood groups [correspondence]. Lung India. 1994 Nov; 12(4): 161.
34. Paramasivan R; Rajasekaran S; Parthasarathy RT. Haemoptysis and pulmonary tuberculosis: an analysis. Lung India. 1994 Nov; 12(4): 192-4.
35. Paramasivan R; Rajasekaran S; Gopalasamy M; Palanisami S. Short course chemotherapy for childhood tuberculosis: Standardisation of drug dosages. Lung India. 1994 Aug; 12(3): 135-7.
36. Gaude GS; Deivanayagam CN. Tuberculosis risk for health care workers is real: what can be done now? [Editorial]. Lung India. 1995 Aug & Nov; 13(3&4): 91-6.
37. Deivanayagam CN. Antibiotic therapy in tuberculin-positive children with lung lesions. Natl Med J India. 1996, Mar-Apr;9(2):99.
38. Kalpana S, Jeyakar paul, Deivanayagam C N, Raja D, Samuel N M. Prevalence of HIV-2 Infection in South India. First International Conference on AIDS INDIA 2000, 1997.
39. Viswanath R, Deivanayagam C N, Sankaran J R, Samuel N M. Enumeration of CD4/CD8 cell counts in patients with HIV/AIDS, HIV /STD, HIV/TB in Tamilnadu. First International Conference on AIDS INDIA 2000, 1997.
40. Deivanayagam CN. Cor pulmonale-what the clinician should do? [editorial] Lung India. 1998 July-Sep; 16(3): 101-3.
41. Deivanayagam CN, Traditional Medicine: Siddha therapy in HIV Disease – a South Indian Experience. World AIDS Conference, Durban, 2000.
42. Shobha JC, Ramesh Kumar T, Deivanayagam CN, Raj B Singh, Pradyut Waghray, Aravinda Babu P, Jaydip Bhaduri, Chandrasekhar C. Clinical Evaluation of the Tolerability and Efficacy of Trovafloxacin compared with Sparfloxacin in the treatment of Lower Respiratory Tract Infections. Clin Drug Invest. 2000, 20(2), 95-100.
43. Saravanakumar D', Elangeswaran N, Senthilkumar TM, Vanaja G, Kamakshiamma S, Chandrasekar C, Deivanayagam CN, Manjula Sritharan and. Sritharan V. Isolation, PCR based identification, and sensitivity pattern of Environmental Mycobacteria from leprosy and tuberculosis Patients. Indian Journal of Clinical Biochemistry (2000), 15(2), 94-103.
44. Nirmala R, Narayanan PR, Mathew R, Maran M, Deivanayagam CN. Reduced NK activity in pulmonary tuberculosis patients with/without HIV infection: identifying the defective stage and studying the effect of interleukins on NK activity. Tuberculosis, 2001 81, 343-352.
46. Deivanayagam CN; Rajasekaran S; Senthilnathan V; Krishnarajasekhar OR; Raja K; Chandrasekar C; Palanisami S; Dinesh AS; Jothivel G and Elango SV. Clinico-radiological spectrum of tuberculosis among HIV sero-positives: a Tambaram study. Indian Journal of Tuberculosis. 2001 Jul; 48(3): 123-27.
47. Ranjani Ramachandran, Soumya Swaminathan, Sulochana Somasundaram, Asgar VN, Paramesh P5 and Paramasivan CN. Mycobacteremia in tuberculosis patients with HIV infection. Ind J Tub, 2002, 50, 29 - 31.
48. Deivanayagam CN; Rajasekaran S; Venkatesan R; Mahilmaran A; Khaiser Ahmed PR; Annadurai S; Kumar S; Chandrasekar C; Ravichandran N; Pencillaiah R. Prevalence of acquired MDR-TB and HIV co-infection. Indian Journal of Chest Diseases and Allied Sciences. 2002 Oct-Dec; 44(4): 237-42.
49. Swaminathan S; Sangeetha M; Arunkumar N; Menon PA; Thomas B; Shibi K; Ponnuraja; Rajasekaran S. Pulmonary tuberculosis in HIV positive individuals : preliminary report on clinical features and response to treatment ; Indian Journal of Tuberculosis. 2002 Oct; 49(4): 189-93
50. Selvakumar N, Rahman F, Garg R, Rajasekaran S, Mohan NS, Thyagarajan K, Sundaram V, Santha T, Frieden TR, Narayanan PR. Evaluation of the phenol ammonium sulfate sedimentation smear microscopy method for diagnosis of pulmonary tuberculosis. J Clin Microbiol. 2002 Aug; 40(8):3017-20.
53. Gupta RN, Wyatt GE, Swaminathan S, Venkatesan P, Rewari BB, Deivanayagam CN, Rajasekaran S, Mishra RS, Dhir VK, Ranganath V. Psychosexual Health and Risk Factors for HIV among Married Indian Women. Conf Retroviruses Opportunistic Infect 2003 Feb 10-14; 10th: abstract no. 931.
54. Gurumurthy P, Ramachandran G, Hemanth Kumar AK, Priyadarshini P, Swaminathan S, Venkatesan P, Sekar L and Rajasekaran S. Absorption of Rifampicin and Isoniazid in HIV infected patients with and without tuberculosis. IAS Conf HIV Pathog Treat 2003 Jul 13-16; 2nd: Abstract No. 875; Antiviral Therapy 2003; 8(Suppl. 1):S431.
55. Srihari BJ, Jacob M, Rajasekaran S, Bhirmanandham CV and Samuel NM, Correlation of CD4T cells with total lymphocyte counts (TLC) – a marker for monitoring HIV/AIDS patients in resource limited settings. IAS Conf HIV Pathog Treat 2003 Jul 13-16;2nd: Abstract No. 477 Antiviral Therapy 2003; 8(Suppl. 1):S310.
56. Rajasekaran S, Jeyaseelan L, Paramesh P, Loo V, Warren D. HIV/AIDS care in government hospital for thoracic medicine at Tambaram: A family-level approach. Int Conf AIDS. 2004 Jul 11-16; 15: abstract no. MoPeC3554.
57. Paramesh P, Loo V, Rajasekaran S, Kumar S, Warren D. Improvements in patient management attributed to the design of an electronic medical record- Tambaram, India. Int Conf AIDS. 2004 Jul 11-16; 15: abstract no. E12526.
58. Rajasekaran S, Loo V, Paramesh P, Jeyaseelan L, Warren D. Health care seeking behavior among HIV-infected women in Tamilnadu, India. Int Conf AIDS. 2004 Jul 11-16; 15: abstract no. C12063.
59. Swaminathan S, Rajasekar S, Ponnuraja C, Sujatha N, Paramasivan CN, Hanna LE, Narayanan PR. Recurrent Tuberculosis and Mortality Are High in Patients with Advanced HIV Disease Treated with Short-course Chemotherapy.11th Conf Retrovir Opportunistic Infect Febr 8 11 2004 San Franc CA Conf Retrovir Opportunistic Infect 11th 2004 San Franc Calif. 2004 Feb 8-11; 11: abstract no. 764.
60. Gurumurthy P, Ramachandran G, Hemanthkumar A, Rajasekaran S, Padmapriyadarsini C, Swaminathan S, Bhagavathy S, Venkatesan P, Sekar L, Mahilmaran A, Ravichandran N, Paramesh P. Decreased bioavailability of rifampicin and other anti-TB drugs in patients with advanced HIV disease. Clinical Pharmacology & Therapeutics 2004, 75, 29.
61. Gurumurthy P, Ramachandran G, Hemanth Kumar AK, Rajasekaran S, Padmapriyadarsini C, Swaminathan S, Venkatesan P, Sekar L, Kumar S, Krishnarajasekhar OR, Paramesh P. Clin Infect Dis. Malabsorption of Rifampin and Isoniazid in HIV-infected patients with and without tuberculosis. Clin Infect Dis. 2004 Jan 15;38(2):280-3.
62. Gurumurthy P, Ramachandran G, Hemanth Kumar AK, Rajasekaran S, Padmapriyadarsini C, Swaminathan S, Bhagavathy S, Venkatesan P, Sekar L, Mahilmaran A, Ravichandran N, Paramesh P. Decreased bioavailability of Rifampin and other antituberculosis drugs in patients with advanced human immunodeficiency virus disease. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2004 Nov; 48(11):4473-5.
63. Swaminathan S, Rajasekaran S, Shibichakravarthy K, Amarendran VA, Raja K, Hari L, Narayanan S. Multiple recurrences of tuberculosis in an HIV infected individual. J Assoc Physicians India. 2004 Jun; 52:513-4. (Correspondence).
64. Thomas, B.E., Suryanarayanan, D., Muniyandi, M., Meenalochani, D., Rajasekaran, S. and Swaminathan, S. Is awareness of HIV enough to alter high-risk behaviour? What do HIV positive individuals have to say? A study from South India. SAARC J Tuberc Lung Dis HIV/AIDS 2 (2005) 1.
65. Suhadev M; Swaminathan S; Rajasekaran S; Thomas BE; Arun Kumar N; Muniyandi M; Meenalochani D. Feasibility of Community DOT providers for tuberculosis treatment in HIV infected individuals- A pilot study. Indian Journal of Tuberculosis. 2005 Oct; 52(4): 179-83.
66. Ramachandran, G., Hemanth Kumar, A.K., Rajasekaran, S., Padmapriyadarsini, C., Swaminathan, S., Venkatesan, P., Sekar, L. and Gurumurthy, P. Acetylator status influences bioavailability of Isoniazid in patients with advanced HIV disease. SAARC J Tuberc Lung Dis HIV/AIDS 2 (2005) 9.
67. Ramachandran, G., Hemant Kumar, A.K., Gurumurthy, P., Rajasekaran, S., Chandrasekaran, P., Bhagavathy, S., Venkatesan, P., sekar, L. and swaminathan, S. Effect of HIV on pharmacokinetics of anti tuberculosis drugs. Contagion 2 (2005) 2.
68. Soumya Swaminathan, S Iliayas, C Padmapriyadarsini, S Rajasekaran, V Mohan, C Ponnuraja, P Venkatesan, R Ramachandran, C Paramasivan, S Ramesh Kumar, P Menon, M Dilip, and P Narayanan. Randomized clinical trial of 6-month versus 9-month anti-tuberculosis treatment in HIV+ individuals with pulmonary tuberculosis. Conf Retrovir Opportunistic Infect 2005 Feb 22-25; 12: abstract no. 141.
69. Ramachandran G., Hemanth Kumar A.K., Rajasekaran S., Padmapriyadarsini C., Narendran G., Sukumar B., Swaminathan S. Increasing Nevirapine dose can overcome reduced bioavailability due to Rifampicin co-administration. IAS Conf HIV Pathog Treat 2005 Jul 24-27; 3rd: Abstract No. WePe3.3C02.
70. Rajasekaran S, Paramesh P, Jeyaseelan L, Annadurai S, Bellah and Vijila. Linking TB and HIV programmes: A simple score based diagnostic tool for DOTS Centres. Indian Journal of Tuberculosis, 2005, 52, 158
71. Swaminathan S, Paramasivan CN, Ponnuraja C, Iliayas S, Rajasekaran S, Narayanan PR. Anti-tuberculosis drug resistance in patients with HIV and tuberculosis in South India. Int J Tuberc Lung Dis. 2005 Aug; 9(8):896-900.
72. Shankar EM, Rajasekaran S, Rao UA, Paramesh P, Krishnakumar R, Rajan R, Kownhar H. Colonization of Mycoplasma in the upper respiratory tract of AIDS patients with pulmonary symptoms in Chennai, India. . Indian J Med Res. 2005 Dec; 122(6):506-10.
73. Vaidya S.B., Ramchandani S.R., Saple D.G., Mehta S.H., Pandey V.P., Vadrevu R., Rajasekaran S., Bhatia V.P. Chowdhary A., Bollinger R.C., Gupta A. Knowledge, attitudes, and practices of HIV care and antiretroviral therapy among HIV-infected adults attending private and public clinics in India. Int Conf AIDS. 2006 Aug 13-18;16 Abstract No. ThAb0204
74. Murali PM, Rajasekaran S, Paramesh P, Krishnarajasekar OR, Vasudevan S, Nalini K, Lakshmisubramanian S, Deivanayagam CN. Plant-based formulation in the management of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: a randomized double-blind study. Respir Med. 2006 Jan; 100(1):39-45.
75. Murali PM, Rajasekaran S, Krishnarajasekar OR, Perumal T, Nalini K, Lakshmisubramanian S, Deivanayagam CN. Plant-based formulation for bronchial asthma: a controlled clinical trial to compare its efficacy with oral salbutamol and theophylline. Respiration. 2006;73(4):457-63.
76. Rajasekaran S, Vijila S, Ravichandran N. Immune Reconstitution Tuberculosis in HIV Patients after Antiretroviral Therapy. JK Science, 2006, 8, 205-7.
77. Ramachandran G, Hemanthkumar AK, Rajasekaran S, Padmapriyadarsini C, Narendran G, Sukumar B, Sathishnarayan S, Raja K, Kumaraswami V, Swaminathan S. Increasing Nevirapine dose can overcome reduced bioavailability due to rifampicin co administration. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2006 May; 42(1):36-41.
79. Kumar CP, Menon T, Sundararajan T, Nalini S, Thirunarayan MA, Rajasekaran S, Venkatadesikalu M. Esterase activity of Candida species isolated from immunocompromised hosts.Rev Iberoam Micol. 2006 Jun; 23(2):101-3.
80. Dorairajan Sureshkumar and Sigamani Rajasekaran. Depression in persons living with HIV/AIDS: a report. HIV Med 2007; 8(Suppl. 1):32 (abstract no. P93).
81. Geetha Ramachandran, Jagan I, Ramesh K, Hemanth Kumar AK, Rajasekaran S, Anitha S, Padmapriyadarsini C, Narendran G, Menon P, and Swaminathan S. Influence of CYP2B6 Polymorphism on Plasma Concentrations of Efavirenz and Nevirapine in HIV-infected Patients in South India. Conf Retrovir Opportunistic Infect 2007; 98: abstract no. 554.
82. Kumar CPG, Menon T, Rohini PS, Rajasekaran S, Sundararajan T and Venkatadesikalu M. Anti-Candida antibodies and candidemia in ninety patients with HIV/AIDS and cancer. Journal de Mycologie Médicale / Journal of Medical Mycology, 2007, 17, 50-53.
83. Rajasekaran S, Murugesan K, Mahilmaran A, Krishnarajasekhar OR, Kumar S, Annadurai S and Khaiser Ahamed PR. Linking of TB & HIV Programmes: Outcome of referral system: A Tamilnadu experience. Indian Journal of Tuberculosis, 2007, 53, 169-70.
84. Rajasekaran S, Annadurai S, Rabeetha, Mahesh, Mahilmaran A, Kumar S, and Raja K. Manifestation of Tuberculosis in HIV patients - A large Indian Study. Indian Journal of Tuberculosis, 2007, 53, 169.
85. Rajasekaran S, Satish Narayan, Vijila and Ravichandran N. Immune Reconstitution Tuberculosis in HIV patients after Anti-retroviral Therapy. Indian Journal of Tuberculosis, 2007, 53, 169.
86. Raiasekaran S, Khaiser Ahamed PR, Mahilmaran A, Krishnarajasekhar OR, Kumar S, Dravidaselvanayagi and Mala. MDR –TB: Treatment Outcome. Indian Journal of Tuberculosis, 2007, 53, 166.
87. Rajasekaran S, Gomathi, Rabeetha, Mahilmaran A, Raja K. Role of Chemoprophylaxis in preventing immune-reconstitution Tuberculosis in HIV patients on Antiretroviral Therapy. Indian Journal of Tuberculosis, 2007, 54, 209.
88. Rajasekaran S, Vijila, Devanand, Kumar S and Chandrasekar C. Efficacy of DOTS (Anti-TB Treatment) in HIVTB Patients on Anti-Retroviral Therapy. Indian Journal of Tuberculosis, 2007,54, 209
89. Hemanth Kumar AK, Geetha Ramachandran, Rajasekaran S, Padmapriyadarshini C, Narendran G, Pradeep Menon, Narayanan PR and Soumya Swaminathan. Pharmacokinetics of Rifampicin during antiretroviraltreatment. Indian Journal of Tuberculosis, 2007, 54, 207.
90. Swaminathan S, Padmapriyadarsini C, Ponnuraja C, Sumathi CH, Rajasekaran S, Amerandran VA, Reddy M, Deivanayagam CN.J Miliary tuberculosis in human immunodeficiency virus infected patients not on antiretroviral therapy: Clinical profile and response to short course chemotherapy. Postgrad Med. 2007 Oct-Dec; 53(4):228-31.
91. Ramchandani SR, Mehta SH, Saple DG, Vaidya SB, Pandey VP, Vadrevu R, Rajasekaran S, Bhatia V, Chowdhary A, Bollinger RC, Gupta A. Knowledge, attitudes, and practices of antiretroviral therapy among HIV-infected adults attending private and public clinics in India. AIDS Patient Care STDS. 2007 Feb; 21(2):129-42.
92. Hemanth Kumar AK, Ramachandran G, Kumar P, Anitha S, Rajasekaran S, Swaminathan S. Effect of anticoagulants on plasma Nevirapine and Efavirenz concentrations. Ther Drug Monit. 2007 Oct; 29(5): 652-4.
93. Sikhamani Rajasekaran, Jeyaseelan L, Patrick Nadol, Meade Morgan, Dora Warren, Michael Friedman, Chandrasekar C, Supriya Sahu. Scaling up ART Services at the Government Hospital of Thoracic Medicine, Tambaram, India. Presented at PEPFAR HIV Implementers Conference on June 18, 2007 at Kigali, Rwanda, Africa; poster 160.
94. Tom Furtwangler, Sikhamani Rajasekaran, Vijay Anthony Prabhu, Michele Clark, Gurusamy Manoharan. Filming Real HIV Patient Cases in India. Global Health Council, Washington, DC, May 29-June 1 2007.
95. Rajasekaran, L. Jeyaseelan, A. Mahilmaran, O.R. Krishnarajasekhar,
S. Kumar, S. Annadurai. A diagnostic tool to screen for HIV co-infection at the TB DOTS centre in India. SAARC Journal of Tuberculosis, Lung Diseases and HIV/AIDS, 2007, 4, 1-7.
96. Rajasekaran S; Mahilmaran A; Annadurai S; Kumar S; Raja K. Manifestation of tuberculosis in patients with human immunodeficiency virus: A large Indian study. Annals of Thoracic Medicine, 2007, 58-60.
98. Geetha Ramachandran, A.K. Hemanthkumar, S. Rajasekaran, Padmapriyadarsini C, Narendran G, Anitha S, Sudha Subramanyam, Kumaraswami V, Soumya Swaminathan. Steady-State Pharmacokinetics of Nevirapine in HIV-1 Infected Adults in India. Journal of the International Association of Physicians in AIDS Care (JIAPAC), 2007, 6(4), 251-254).
99. Siddharth Bakshi, Geetha Ramachandran, Karunaianandham Ramesh, Agibothu K Hemanthkumar, Suresh Anitha, Chandrasekaran Padmapriyadarsini, Gopalan Narendran, Pradeep A Menon, Sikhamani Rajasekaran, Soumya Swaminathan. Study of ABCB1 polymorphism (C3435T) in HIV-1-infected individuals from South India. Br J Clin Pharmacol. 2008 Jan 30; 18241284.
101. Soumya Swaminathan, Deivanayagam CN, Rajasekaran S, Venkatesan P, Padmapriyadarsini C, Pradeep A Menon, Ponnuraja C, Meenalochani Dilip. Long term follow up of HIV-infected patients with tuberculosis treated with 6-month intermittent short course chemotherapy. Natl Med J India, 2008, 21, 3–8
102. Rajasekaran S, Jeyaseelan L, Raja K, Ravichandran N. Demographic and Clinical Profile of HIV Infected Children Accessing Care at Tambaram, India. Indian Journal of Medical Research, in press.
103. Rajasekaran S, Jeyaseelan L, Ravichandran N, Gomathi C, Francis Thara and Chandrasekar C. Efficacy of Antiretroviral Therapy Program in Children in India: Prognostic Factors and Survival Analysis. Journal of Tropical Pediatrics Advance Access published online on June 3, 2008.
104. Rajasekaran S, Jeyaseelan L, Chandrasekar C, Madhavan K, Mahilmaran A, Thara Francis. Effectiveness of Management of HIV-TB Patients under Programme Conditions in India. JK Science, 2008, 10: 70-73
105. Hemanth Kumar A. K., Ramachandran G, Rajasekaran S.1, Padmapriyadarsini
C, Narendran G., Menon P, Narayanan P. R., Swaminathan S. Pharmacokinetics of rifampicin during antiretroviral Treatment with non-nucleoside reverse transcriptase Inhibitors. SAARC J Tuberc Lung Dis HIV/AIDS, 2008, 5:1-5
106. Bakshi S, Ramachandran G, Ramesh K, Hemanthkumar AK, Anitha S, Padmapriyadarsini C, Narendran G, Menon PA, Rajasekaran S, Swaminathan S. Study of ABCB1 polymorphism (C3435T) in HIV-1-infected individuals from South India. Br J Clin Pharmacol. 2008 May;65(5):791-2.
107. Swaminathan S, Deivanayagam CN, Rajasekaran S, Venkatesan P, Padmapriyadarsini C, Menon PA, Ponnuraja C, Dilip M. Long term follow up of HIV-infected patients with tuberculosis treated with 6-month intermittent short course chemotherapy. Natl Med J India. 2008 Jan-Feb;21(1):3-8
108. Ramana Rao PV, Rajasekaran S, Raja A. Augumentation of natural killer activity with exogenous interleukins in patients with HIV and pulmonary tuberculosis coinfection. AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses. 2008 Nov;24(11):1435-43.
Indian J Med Res. 2009 Jan;129(1):42-9
111. Ramachandran G, Hemanth Kumar AK, Rajasekaran S, Kumar P, Ramesh K, Anitha S, Narendran G, Menon P, Gomathi C, Swaminathan S. CYP2B6 G516T polymorphism but not rifampin coadministration influences steady-state pharmacokinetics of efavirenz in human immunodeficiency virus-infected patients in South India. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2009 Mar;53(3):863-8.
112. Ramachandran G, Ramesh K, Hemanth Kumar AK, Jagan I, Vasantha M, Padmapriyadarsini C, Narendran G, Rajasekaran S, Swaminathan S. Association of high T allele frequency of CYP2B6 G516T polymorphism among ethnic south Indian HIV-infected patients with elevated plasma efavirenz and nevirapine. J Antimicrob Chemother. 2009 Apr;63(4):841-3.
113. Rajasekaran S, Raja K, Jeyaseelan L, Vijilat S, Priya K, Mohan , Parvez A, Mahilmaran A, Chandrasekar C. Post-HAART tuberculosis in adults and adolescents with HIV in Indi a: incidence, clinical and immunological profile. Indian J Tuberc. 2009 Apr;56(2):69-76.
114. Syed Ahamed Kabeer B, Sikhamani Rajasekaran, Swaminathan S, Perumal V, Paramasivam P, Raja A. Role of interferon gamma release assay in active TB diagnosis among HIV infected individuals. PLoS One. 2009 May 28;4(5):e5718.
115. Rajasekaran S, Chandrasekar C, Mahilmaran A, Kanakaraj K, Karthikeyan DS, Suriakumar J. HIV coinfection among multidrug resistant and extensively drug resistant tuberculosis patients--a trend. J Indian Med Assoc. 2009 May;107(5):281-2, 284-6.
116. Menon T, Herrera M, Periasamy S, Palanivelu V, Sikhamani R, Wickes B. Oral candidiasis caused by Kodamaea ohmeri in a HIV patient in Chennai, India. Mycoses. 2009 Jun 15. [Epub ahead of print]
117. Rajasekaran S, Jeyaseelan L, Ravichandran N, Gomathi C, Thara F, Chandrasekar C. Efficacy of antiretroviral therapy program in children in India: prognostic factors and survival analysis. J Trop Pediatr. 2009 Aug;55(4):225-32.
118. Hemanth Kumar AK, Ramachandran G, Rajasekaran S, Padmapriyadarsini C, Narendran G, Anitha S, Subramanyam S, Kumaraswami V, Swaminathan S. Pharmacokinetics of Lamivudine & Stavudine in generic fixed-dose combinations in HIV-1 infected adults in India. Indian J Med Res. 2009 Oct;130(4):451-7
119. Rajasekaran S, Jeyaseelan L, Raja K, Vijila S, Krithigaipriya KA, Kuralmozhi R. Increase in CD4 cell counts between 2 and 3.5 years after initiation of antiretroviral therapy and determinants of CD4 progression in India. J Postgrad Med. 2009 Oct-Dec;55(4):261-6
120. Kabeer BS, Sikhamani Rajasekaran, Raja A. Comparison of interferon gamma and interferon gamma-inducible protein-10 secretion in HIV-tuberculosis patients. AIDS. 2010 Jan 16;24(2):323-5
121. Ramana Rao PV, Rajasekaran S, Raja A. Natural killer cell-mediated cytokine response among HIV-positive south Indians with pulmonary tuberculosis. J Interferon Cytokine Res. 2010 Jan;30(1):33-42.
122. Rao PV, Ramanavelan S, Rajasekaran S, Raja A. Natural-Killer Cell-Derived Cytolytic Molecules in HIV-Associated Pulmonary Tuberculosis-Role of Exogenous Interleukins. J Clin Immunol. 2010 Mar 13. [Epub ahead of print]
123. Bachani D, Garg R, Rewari BB, Hegg L, Rajasekaran S, Deshpande A, Emmanuel KV, Polin Chan, Sujatha Rao K. Two-year treatment outcomes of patients enrolled in India’s national first-line antiretroviral therapy programme. Natl Med J India 2010;23:7–12